Video Game Design/Developers

Dots
 View Only
  • 1.  Game Developers Conference on 3/22

Posted 02-08-2024 17:22

Is anyone going to GDC this year? I am bringing most of my students, about 120, to GDC on the Friday. My seniors have been invited by The Diversity dot Org to participate in a curated experience that includes a career panel in a private room at the conference, then chat with employers after. They will be fed lunch, then taken on a tour of the expo hall in the afternoon. Also, they paid for all of my seniors.

My juniors will go as well and they will be required to go to one of the career talks in the morning then spend the rest of the time in the expo hall.

In rather exciting news I have 5 students who were invited by W4 Games to present their projects at their booth on Thursday. I'll go on Thursday with them as well. W4 Games is a collaboration of indie game devs who use Godot and their booth has 10 screens, each screen will be a different indie game dev and one of the screens will be for my students to take turns showing off their games. 

I don't know how much time I will have meet up with anyone on Friday since I'll be at the curated event, but if anyone is there on Thursday, stop by the W4 Games booth.

------------------------------
    Owen Peery k12teacher
    SAN FRANCISCO CA

• 2.  RE: Game Developers Conference on 3/22

Posted 02-08-2024 17:24

I will be there all week, Are you going to the Educator's Summit?

Brian Bautista k12teacher
    Citrus Heights CA

• 3.  RE: Game Developers Conference on 3/22

Posted 02-15-2024 10:24

That is super awesome for your students Owen, congrats! I will be there all week. Not sure what talks to go to yet, but Nate Walker had a great idea of assigning his students to look through the schedule and find talks that they would want to go to to give him suggestions/ideas. I made my students do it and a lot of them want to go to the Spider-Man 2 animation talk.

Wesley Jeffries k12teacher
    Riverside CA

• 4.  RE: Game Developers Conference on 3/22

Posted 02-15-2024 11:09

I'll be there all week as well.  I tend to sometimes go to the Educator's Summit.  I try to glean a lot from most of the Programming talks.

Nate Walker k12teacher
    Riverside CA